Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 2.5

We made it to Toad River, BC - a gorgeous place - no pictures are going to do this trip justice. On Sunday we left Dawson Creek and started our journey on the historic Alaska Highway! We drove to Ft Nelson (mile 300) and spent two nights there. Last week the road washed out between Watson Lake and Tesla and that caused much discussion and worry among our fellow travelers. We weren't worried because we have plenty of time and figured it would work out. Well, last night they got trucks moving and cars today. We will leave here on Thursday and drive to Watson Lake - will stay there for two nights so things should be moving really smooth by then. Canada Onservations: It must be the dandelion Capitol of the world - they are everywhere!!! Food is very expensive - almost twice as much as the states! If I lived here I might have to cook - God forbid! I couldn't even afford to drink because that's really expensive too!! A draft beer is $6.00!!!!!! I had my first "no ice" experience in Ft Nelson. I told the lady "lots of ice" and she said "we don't have ice"!! Reminded me of my days in England!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment