Sunday, April 10, 2011

Puppies are a lot of work!


Ok! Yes, I am still excited to have Cecil here, but I am also tired!!! I get up at 5:00 each morning to go to the gym and used to take a short nap after work --- those days are over!! He has a very dominant personality and I feel like I'm herding cats around here!! Katie is a very dominant bitch and isn't about to turn her alpha position over to him! He is learning!

Before I go any further, let me say that I am NOT perfect - anyone surprised?! I DO love my dogs more than life itself and the purpose of this blog is to share our experiences with others. I welcome any comments or suggestions, but am not looking for criticism! Now with that out of the way ...

Hubby is out of town this weekend and we survived two trips to Starbucks! Cecil tries to climb out the window and into the drive thru window --- he knows what they have in there and is already hooked!! He has NOT learned patience yet. However, it appears that he has learned to take turns -- J&K always get whipped cream at Starbucks and C has learned he is last when taking turns! Initially he would grab at the spoon no matter who's turn it was, but today he waited patiently for his turn!

He is growing like a bad weed and won't look like a puppy much longer. He starts Puppy Kindergarten tomorrow and I'm excited to get started on his formal education!!! So far he has just been learning the rules of the house. He is learning to wait and not just rush out the door when it's opened. He knows to go in his crate when we are leaving. He no longer stands on the shower door and screams when I'm taking a shower - I guess he has learned I do come back out, so he sits and waits! He is getting better about tormenting the cat!

I have rambled on this post because I'm trying to cover too much. As I stated earlier; we start our class tomorrow so I am going to try and do a better job of keeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment