Monday, January 5, 2009

Shar-Pei Agility

Well, I've decided to try and keep up with our agility escapades this way instead of always trying to e-mail updates and forgetting someone and having to repeat myself!

First, I'll give a little background on how it all started!

In 1998 I decided to try something new. I just wanted to do something fun with my dogs and decided to try agility with Bailey. We started a class with Debbie Spence in Keller, TX. I had absolutely no intentions of ever competing! I took a couple of classes with Debbie (she is the best) and then we moved to GA and there wasn't really anything available for us in the area we were in. We moved back to TX in the fall of 2000 and I started practicing with a friend. Bailey competed in her first trial in Oct 2001 and got two Novice Standard legs! She competed one more day in Nov but didn't qualify. We lost her very unexpectedly in Feb 2002 from spleen and liver cancer.

I had just gotten Jack the previous month (Jan 2002) and started working with him that summer. We also got Katie in May 2002 so she started training in the fall. We don't really have much in the way of formal agility classes in Lubbock, so we would drive to Amarillo (135 miles one way) once a week for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment